Agent joins Millionaires’ Club after making record sales

• Thread starter Thread starter Harry Kemble
  • Start date Start date
A travel agent has won a holiday for two to anywhere in the world after becoming the first employee at her agency to hit the £1 million sales mark this year.

Perfect Getaways agent Danielle Turner achieved the landmark with a TUI booking to the Dominican Republic on Thursday (29 June) and has already decided she wants to celebrate her 30th birthday in New York in December.

The agency’s Millionaires’ Club incentive runs from October to October each year and rewards any Perfect Getaways agent who achieves £1m in sales and £100,000 commission within that time frame.

Last year, Danielle secured £674,000 in sales, even though she only joined Perfect Getaways’ Liverpool branch in March.

This year, she had the best January ever in terms of sales in the agency’s six-year history and knew then she wanted to surpass the £1m sales mark and join the company’s Millionaires’ Club.

She said: “I’m over the moon. In January, I did £28,000 in commission which is best I’ve ever done. I just thought at that point I wanted to get to a £1m in sales this year.”

Asked how she managed to achieve the feat, she pointed to the company’s employee incentive scheme.

“It’s all about the company which I am working for,” she said. “I’ve never been at a company where you get rewarded so much for what you do.

“It massively helps when you work for such a brilliant company where every day is fun, and you are rewarded so much for the work you do.

“It’s also the best paid travel job that I’ve ever had.”

Danielle (pictured) said she had sold ‘a mix’ of holidays since October, including ‘quite a lot’ of twin centre bookings to south-east Asia, where customers will often visit Singapore and Bali.

She added: “We do quite a chunk of MSC Cruises across the business and we often dynamically package them.

“We could do three nights in New York and a seven-night sailing in the Caribbean.”

Danielle said: “As soon as I knew I had hit £1m, I was searching for holidays to New York straight away.

“I’ve never been to New York. There are loads of things I want to do. I am terrified of heights, but I want to go up the Empire State Building.

“The next choice will be who I’m taking along with me? I will probably take a friend.”

Managing Director Nicola Palmer said: “We are constantly looking for new ways to reward and incentivise our staff.

“Last year, as well as bringing in an extra five days’ holiday and free private healthcare, we introduced our Millionaires’ Club incentive based on doing £1m of sales and £100,000 of commission in the year.

“We had one winner in the first year which was Bethany from our Isle of Man store, but this year Danielle has already qualified and we have five staff on target to qualify by the end of the year with a few more within touching distance.”

The post Agent joins Millionaires’ Club after making record sales appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom