Agent revamps shop with ex-Thomas Cook plane seats

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Independent agent Laura Featonby has swapped the chairs in her branch for ex-Thomas Cook Airline seats, in tribute to the operator.

Laura worked as a store manager for Thomas Cook before setting up her own agency, Laura’s Travel, in 2012.

She posted on her Facebook page Laura’s Travel Village to say: “Cabin crew to doors and cross check.

“I’m giddy as a travel agent can be as I’ve taken delivery of two ex-Thomas Cook airline seats! I was heartbroken that Cookies went bust. So here we have a blast from the not-so-distant past.

“I’ve managed to get two seats from an A330. Sadly, after the demise of Thomas Cook, they were abandoned at Manchester Airport and seats just used in crew rooms or for training, I’m led to believe.

“Well, here are two seats now proudly in my office. Laura’s Travel is ready to take off for your next perfect getaway.”

She told Travel Gossip: “Darcy, my daughter, knew I wanted to get aircraft chairs for my office and try to turn them into the chairs my clients could sit on, and I was looking for someone clever to do that.

“She saw them advertised on Facebook and messaged the guy, whose friends were selling them off.

“I’m looking for a drinks trolly next!”

Clients of Laura’s Travel, in Sale, Manchester, commented to say they were looking forward to sitting in the seats next time they visit.

One said: “Wonder how many people have sat in those seats going on fabulous holidays, now they can sit in them to pick their next destination.”

Another said: “If the seats could talk!” and another client posted: “Can’t wait to try them out.”

The post Agent revamps shop with ex-Thomas Cook plane seats appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom