Agent scoops first award in 35 years of travel – while on her honeymoon

• Thread starter Thread starter Travel Gossip Reporters
  • Start date Start date
Agent Jo Richards scooped her first award in over 35 years in travel – but was on honeymoon when she found out she had won.

Jo is the owner and Director of Yorkshire-based Tivoli Travel, which has offices in both Holmfirth and Mirfield. She was shocked when found out she had won the Top Travel Agent award for the Global Travel Group, which is part of the The Travel Network Group (TTNG).

The ceremony took place at the TTNG conference in Munich earlier this month, but Jo, who married her husband Paul in August, was on honeymoon at the Shandrani Beachcomber in Mauritius at the time.

Jo, who has been working in travel since she was 16, explained that she was contacted by TTNG’s Director of Membership Services Stephanie Slark to do a video call while she was away.

She said: “I had been playing golf then got on the video call with Stephanie and [TTNG CEO] Gary Lewis, who were both dressed up in their formal wear to tell me I had won!

“I was absolutely gobsmacked to win. It’s not an award you put yourself forward for, so it was a total surprise. I’ve remained positive throughout the last few years and I have been involved as much as I can with the Global Travel Group, so it’s great to be recognised.

“We celebrated at the hotel in Mauritius and they gave us a lovely bottle of Champagne to enjoy.”

Tivoli Travel currently has nine staff across its two shops, and Jo is planning to reopen a Lindley office in 2024 after closing a shop in the village during the pandemic.

The post Agent scoops first award in 35 years of travel – while on her honeymoon appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom