Andrew Flintham to leave TUI for BA Holidays

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
TUI UK & Ireland Managing Director is to leave the operator to head up British Airways Holidays.

He will start his new role at the end of October, replacing current BA Holidays MD Claire Bentley, who is retiring after 24 years in the job.

Andrew joined TUI in 2007 and has been MD since March 2018. His previous roles at TUI have included Aviation Planning Director and Mainstream Planning Director for First Choice. Prior to joining TUI, Andrew worked in a number of positions for British Airways,

Current TUI Chief Marketing Officer Neil Swanson will replace Andrew as the operator’s new MD.

Andrew said: “I have enjoyed leading TUI in the UK and helping to carve out its leading position.

“I very much look forward to returning to the IAG family, to build on the great work that Claire and her team have done in the holiday sector.

“IAG Loyalty [the parent company of BA Holidays] has grown exponentially in the past few years, and I look forward to harnessing the power of the Avios ecosystem to benefit BA Holidays customers and colleagues.”

Claire said it had been a ‘difficult decision’ to retire, but she added: “I am so proud to have been part of an amazing team that has delivered such incredible results and I am in no doubt that Andrew will bring a new and exciting perspective, from his broad and comprehensive industry experience.”

IAG Loyalty Chief Executive Adam Daniels said: “Throughout her career, Claire has shown a passion for growing the business without losing focus on a strong customer experience, people leadership and collaborative partnership approach.

“She has led British Airways Holidays through significant change and will be hugely missed by all, but I am pleased to say that we have found somebody who is also a true pioneer in the holiday industry, working for one of the UK’s most respected and successful tour operators.

“We look forward to working with Andrew and the team to continue to push the boundaries in the holiday sector and find new ways to reward loyal customers.”

The post Andrew Flintham to leave TUI for BA Holidays appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom