Apprentice becomes travel agency’s Employee of the Year

• Thread starter Thread starter Travel Gossip Reporters
  • Start date Start date
Independent travel agency Holiday Lounge has named apprentice Eva Bancroft as its Employee of the Year 2023.

Eva joined the retailer 18 months ago, having started out in in fashion school before switching to travel. “I studied Travel Tourism at GCSE level, and then went on to Leicester College to do fashion but didn’t carry on with that,” she said.

“Travel was the route I wanted to go down, and an apprenticeship.” She began her placement with Holiday Lounge through the apprenticeship provider AS Training.

In October, she passed her Level 3 Travel Consultant apprenticeship with Merit and was rewarded with a fam trip to Ibiza by the Palladium Hotel Group. “That was an amazing experience, because I’d never done that before – travelling by myself and meeting them all out there,” she said.

In her time with Holiday Lounge, Eva has achieved forward sales of nearly £700,000. She said she was ‘shocked’ but ‘proud’ to win Employee of the Year, adding that the agency is ‘absolutely amazing to work for.’

“It’s like a big family,” said Eva, who is pictured above, with Paul, holding her award. She has worked at Holiday Lounge’s various branches, which are located around Leicestershire and West Yorkshire.

Holiday Lounge’s Managing Director Paul Moss praised Eva’s work, adding: “We’ve gone from last year, 2022, our oldest employee winning Employee of the Year, to our youngest employee winning Employee of the Year.”

“Eva has excelled over the last 18 months and is a credit to the company and always goes that extra mile for all of her clients,” he added. “Over the last 12 months, Holiday Lounge has invested time and resources into the Apprenticeship Scheme with AS Training, who have been really supportive, and at present we have four apprentices on board.”

Eva’s mentor at AS Training, Michelle Van-Sprang said: “Eva’s outcome is testament to her dedication and commitment to her apprenticeship, Eva is a shining star and an example and inspiration to other apprentices. I am extremely proud of Eva and her achievements to date, I look forward to watching Eva develop and flourish in her role at Holiday Lounge she certainly has a bright future ahead.”

The post Apprentice becomes travel agency’s Employee of the Year appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom