AWTE appoints first male board member

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
The Association of Women Travel Executives (AWTE) has appointed Riviera Travel Trading Director Stuart Milan as its first male board member.

AWTE Chair Michelle Laverick said: “We’re delighted to welcome Stuart to the board, as we continue to foster an inclusive and equitable travel industry by bridging the gender gap and championing the unique challenges faced by women in the workplace.

“Stuart’s appointment is particularly timely, as we further strive to create a dynamic environment where male leaders can gain a deeper understanding of issues, promote allyship and actively contribute to a culture of support and equality.”

Stuart said: “I am absolutely committed to gaining insights into the daily challenges women face and understanding their perspectives.

“I will be placing a particular emphasis on listening to experiences and feedback, ensuring voices are heard and valued.

“From a wider perspective I’ll actively advocate for policies and practices that promote gender equity, both within my organisation and across the travel industry. Together, we can make a significant impact by further understanding, supporting and championing the cause of women in the industry.”

Pictured: Stuart Milan and Michelle Laverick

The post AWTE appoints first male board member appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom