Barrhead and Hays celebrate record January sales

• Thread starter Thread starter Kelly Ranson
  • Start date Start date
Barrhed Travel and Hays Travel have reported record-breaking figures for the last weekend of January.

Barrhead Travel said Saturday 27 January was its fourth record-breaking Saturday in a row.

Saturday also saw the group’s annual ‘back to the floor’ day with 30 directors and sales colleagues joining staff in shops.

The group confirmed all areas of the business – including its retail network and its Brilliant Travel division – are on-track to have the best January ever.

President Jacqueline Dobson, who joined the team at Silverburn, Glasgow (pictured), said: “What a finale to an incredible month! We have been quietly confident all month that we would see record sales numbers but obviously you have to take things week by week.

“We had some initial concerns about the challenges with the weather – particularly when travel advisories were issued in some regions – but the appetite to book holidays never wavered and customers who couldn’t travel into towns or cities took to the phones, email or social media to connect with our experts.

“Back to the floor days are really great to hear direct feedback from customers and it is very clear that holidays are going to be the top spending priority for most. People were telling us that they intend to book multiple trips throughout the year so I think we’ll see a steady demand for late breaks as well as planning ahead.”

Bookings to Tenerife, Majorca, Barbados, Alicante and cruises from Southampton have been the most popular.

Meanwhile Hays Travel has said its ‘payday campaign’ paid off, with its stores and Independence Group both exceeding sales targets over the weekend.

Hays says it has seen consecutive record trading throughout January, with this past weekend being its best ever – and cruise and long-haul bookings proving to be the most popular.

Hays Travel Retail Director Jane Schumm said: “We are delighted with our ‘payday campaig’n, which we shared to reassure people waiting until their January pay landed that there are still plenty of great holidays and offers to be had, from the many operators we work with.

“Customers are telling us they appreciate knowing that they are fully financially protected when they book with us, and many are making the most of low deposit and direct debit options to spread the cost of their holiday. What they want is to have it on the calendar now, so they have plenty of time to look forward to some fun and sunshine on these dark and cold days!”

Chair Dame Irene Hays added: “We have seen record sales in January and all areas of our business end the month ahead of target. Despite the squeeze on personal finances, we are seeing people continue to prioritise their holiday plans, with increasing numbers of our customers planning to venture further afield or try a cruise for the first time.

“Operators have done an excellent job making long-haul, cruise, and Mediterranean favourites attractive, through excellent offers and added value.

“I know I have said this before, but I have to thank our people for all they do to look after our customers. Travel is a profession that requires a breadth of skills, expertise, and judgement – so whether they work in our retail branches, at home, or in head office I appreciate all their hard work during this busy Peaks time.”

The post Barrhead and Hays celebrate record January sales appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom