Chris North joins The Big Golf Company as CEO

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Chris North has become CEO of The Big Golf Company, and Director of its parent group The Big Journey Company.

Chris announced his new role at the end of a six-month sabbatical following his departure from Vertical Systems last year, where he was Managing Director.

The Big Journey Company is a tour operator based in Cumbria, which has been operating for more than 16 years, offering unique, upmarket, bucket-list tours. According to Companies House, The Big Golf Company was incorporated on 27 October 2023. Up until now, golf holidays have been sold as part of The Big Journey Company.

Chris said: “After careful consideration and reflection on my passions, I am thrilled to announce my transition into a new role that perfectly merges my enthusiasm for adventure travel and golf.

“The Big Journey Company has received such a demand for golf that we are grabbing the opportunity by launching The Big Golf Company as a stand alone business.

“This career move not only aligns with my personal interests but also represents a dream come true. I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have this opportunity to pursue a path that so closely matches my passions.

Chris said packages in The Big Golf Company and The Big Journey Company portfolio are available for agents to sell. He added plans are in place for further expansion, including ‘bucket-list cruises, events and wellness retreats’.

The Big Journey Company founder and Director Sohrab Jahromi said: “I first crossed paths with Chris nine years ago, and we have maintained contact ever since. His remarkable energy, drive, and wealth of experience will significantly transform our businesses and will be instrumental in realising our ambitious growth strategies.”

Chris will continue as a Trustee at ABTA LifeLine, where he helps promote positive mental health and wellbeing within the travel industry.

The post Chris North joins The Big Golf Company as CEO appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom