Corfu hotelier reassures agents that island is safe

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
A hotelier has posted a message on Travel Gossip’s Facebook group reassuring agents that it’s safe to send clients to their hotels, despite of fires in the north of the island.

Grecotel Hotels & Resorts Director of Sales Kostas Sinis said all four of the chain’s hotels in Corfu – LUX ME Costa Botanica, LUX ME Daphnila Bay, Eva Palace and The Imperial – are all operating as usual.

“The fire was very well managed, far away from the hotel on top of a hill,” he said. “There is no danger.”

An agent who is staying at the Mareblue Beach Resort in St Spiridion in the north of Corfu agreed with Kostas that the fire is being ‘well managed’.

In a social media post on Monday, CV Villas said some areas where it has properties had been evacuated, including Kalami, Barbati and Nissaki. MD Pete Brudenell said yesterday that the company had ‘worked through the night’ making sure guests were safe.

He added: “For those due to travel in the coming days, we expect your holiday to continue as planned.”

In Rhodes, Grecotel LUX ME Dama Dama, in Faliraki, has been assisting guests who have been forced to flee other hotels, he said.

“LUX ME Dama Dama did not have any damages, and operates assisting travellers, yourselves and hotels that were evacuated,” added Kostas.

“I am happy to personally help you with anything you may need.”

A young family were heroically rescued from the blaze further south and taken to the Grecotel LUX ME Dama Dama at the weekend.

Mitsis hotels in Rhodes, which were evacuated due to wildfires, have posted a message saying clients can contact their belongings from the Mitsis Rodos and the Mitsis Rodos Village. It said roads to and from Kiotari are open and ‘hotels can be accessed safely’. Transfers are being arranged from the hotels to Kiotari, it said.

The post Corfu hotelier reassures agents that island is safe appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom