Crystal to build two new ocean cruise ships

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Crystal has ordered two new cruise ships to be built by Italian shipyard Fincantieri.

The first of the two 690-passenger all-suite ships will be delivered in spring 2028. No date has been given for the second ship’s debut.

Crystal has taken an option for a third sister ship, with delivery in 2032.

The cruise line, which was acquired by A&K Travel Group in 2022, announced last year that it had plans to build four new ships by 2029; two classic cruise ships and two expedition ships.

Crystal said the two new cruise ships on order will ‘feature the most precious marbles, Italian fabrics and natural materials, offering a level of research and sophistication typically reserved for high-end private residential properties’.

The standout feature, it said, will be a promenade extending round the entire perimeter, similar to those on Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity.

The new ships will include a variety of dining options, including Umi Uma, the only Nobu at sea, as well as recently announced Beefbar, plus a ‘comprehensive’ spa and ‘state-of-the-art’ fitness centre.

There will be a dedicated area for families, as well as single occupancy cabins for solo travellers.

“This order is another milestone in the 40 years of productive collaboration between Fincantieri and my family that started with Sitmar Cruises, continued with Silversea and now is flourishing again with Crystal,” said A&K Executive Chairman Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio.

“Our aim is to continue setting a new standard in cruising, offering our guests an unmatched level of service and sophistication. These new ships will receive the same level of attention I have reserve to my own house,” added A&K CEO Cristina Levis.

The post Crystal to build two new ocean cruise ships appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom