EasyJet’s oldest employee gets a new role – at 73

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
EasyJet has appointed cabin crew member Pam Clark as its over-45s recruitment ambassador in a bid to get more older people to join up.

Pam, who is known as ‘Nana Pam’ to crew and regular flyers, has been part of easyJet’s on-board team for 20 years.

She joined at 53, after responding to a recruitment advert she’d seen on a flight to Madrid – and fulfilled a childhood dream to be a member of cabin crew.

Over the past 20 years, she has flown more than 4,500 flights for the airline and served an estimated 800,000 passengers.

The soon-to-be great-grandmother said: “When I applied for the role 20 years ago I knew that my age and experience meant I had something really valuable to offer.

“Nowadays, I’m meeting more and more colleagues like me who have made a brave career change later in life. Don’t be afraid!

“My favourite part of the job has been meeting passengers from all over the world and giving them the most enjoyable travel experience possible. I’m proud to work at a company that puts people first.”

Her new role builds on a successful recruitment campaign by easyJet that has resulted in a 10% increase in crew members over 45 and a 160% rise in people joining over the age of 60 since 2022.

EasyJet Group People Director Jane Storm said: “We’re incredibly proud to have Pam on our team and she is a testament to our warm and welcoming cabin crew, who have a passion for great customer service.

“We’re hopeful she will inspire even more talented people to join us in the future.”

The post EasyJet’s oldest employee gets a new role – at 73 appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom