First ABTA Lifeline charity golf day raises £15,000

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
The inaugural ABTA LifeLine Fun Golf Day has raised £15,000 for the charity.

Seventeen teams of four took part in the event, held on Tuesday 18 June at Crondon Park Golf Club, Essex, and sponsored by Travel Gossip.

ABTA LifeLine Trustee and CEO of The Big Golf Company Chris North said: “It was ABTA’s first golf day and we had a brilliant turnout. It was really well supported by players and sponsors.

“We were keen to make the event inclusive and we had lots of non-golfers, many of whom have now said they enjoyed it so much they want to take up the sport. Because we played a golf format called Texas Scramble, it meant that everyone had the same chance, no matter their experience.”

ABTA LifeLine Director Trudie Clements said: “I am delighted that our first golf day raised an amazing £15,000 for LifeLine. The scramble format meant that golfers of all abilities could play; from the experienced to the complete novices like me. I would like to thank our sponsors, the teams and the players for making it such a success.”

Travel Gossip Managing Director Bruce Martin said: “Travel Gossip was proud to sponsor the inaugural event, where over £16,000 was raised for charity, including £10,000 in the charity auction. Thanks to everyone who took part and well done to Chris North of The Big Golf Company for making it all happen.”

See more photos from the day on the Travel Gossip Facebook group here.

The post First ABTA Lifeline charity golf day raises £15,000 appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom