Former TUI flight attendant opens city centre travel agency

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
A former TUI flight attendant has opened his own travel agency in Sheffield city centre, just a minute’s walk from a TUI Holiday Shop.

Craig Goodridge spent six years flying out of Luton with TUI then worked at Doncaster Sheffield and Manchester airports.

He joined homeworking travel agency franchise Independent Travel Experts in 2017, but last month opened his first shop, Craig Goodridge Travel, in The Moor Market in Sheffield.

“I was inspired to expand and tap into the potential customers that still want to book face to face with agents, and use the positive press we had during and post COVID on how we dealt with our customers,” said Craig.

“Also, I’ve been inspired by how well I’ve seen others do who have made that move from homeworker to store.”

Craig said his aim was to ‘be in a good place building up trust ready for peaks’.

“Our goal is not only to expand our brand and customer base but also to diversify the range of travel products we offer,” he added.

“We are committed to providing top-level service and showcasing the excellence of Craig Goodridge Travel.”

He’s taken the shop on a 12-month lease, which can be extended to five years.

Since the opening of the store was promoted in his local newspaper, Craig said inquiries have picked up.

“Since being in The Star, I’ve had people come in specifically for a quote and I’ve had calls from people saying they’ve seen me in the paper and could you price up ‘ABC’.

“I’ve also seen my online quote requests and followers increase the last few days.”

And he’s already dropped into the TUI store on the same street to say hi.

“They are lovely,” he said. “We are all a big family in travel now, everyone is so lovely at events and wants everyone to do well.

“Sheffield is a big city so there’s plenty to go around.”

The post Former TUI flight attendant opens city centre travel agency appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom