From make-up artist to Best Newcomer – meet Personal Travel Consultant Clare Lake

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A make-up artist who decided to move into travel alongside her regular business has been named Best Newcomer at the Personal Travel Consultants by Blue Bay Travel awards.

Clare Lake joined PTC in summer 2023, after realising she already had a long list of potential clients among brides who book her to do their wedding make-up.

She said she’s been ‘blown away’ with the award, which is voted for by fellow PTC agents.

Clare, from Chatham in Kent, gets booked up three years in advance as a make-up artist for events such as weddings, films and TV shows.

She said: “I already had a social media following and so I started with a private group and added 100 people to test the water. I wasn’t sure how it would go, but I had 12 enquiries overnight and so I set up a dedicated travel Facebook page.”

Her Elite Travel Studio business generated £100,000 in sales in the first three months with PTC.

One of her best bookings so far was a £25,000 twin centre safari in South Africa and a week in Mauritius.

Clare added: “I’m connected to lots of venues that recommend me as a make-up artist and now they also recommend me as someone who can book honeymoons too.

“Previous brides I did make-up for are also coming to me to book their family holidays, as are the entire bridal party.”

Clare isn’t one to miss an opportunity. “I was on the local radio last week and since then the DJ has messaged me for quotes for a holiday to the Maldives.

“All my weddings suppliers are also entrusting me and recommending me to their couples for their honeymoons.”

Clare said she was attracted to Blue Bay Travel/PTC because she liked its homeworking model, which includes 50% upfront commission the month after booking and a strong support network.

Blue Bay Travel CEO Alistair Rowland said he’s ‘delighted’ for Clare, adding: “She’s already transacted her first £100,000 and very much part of the family.

“PTC by BlueBay Travel is one of the fastest growing homeworking businesses today, and fits the needs of many agents who want to compliment an existing role like Clare, or focus entirely as a career.

“Our model is rare, as it supports earnings up front and leads if and when required, complemented by our own exclusive deals and marketing collateral, backed by great support,” added Alistair.

To find out more about PTC by Blue Bay Travel, email joinptc@bluebaytravel.co.uk

The post From make-up artist to Best Newcomer – meet Personal Travel Consultant Clare Lake appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom