Fund launched in memory of agent who died suddenly on Christmas Caribbean holiday

• Thread starter Thread starter Kelly Ranson
  • Start date Start date
A GoFundMe page has been set up in memory of a ‘kind and caring’ agent who died on Christmas Eve while on holiday in Barbados.

Lynn ‘Libby’ Jones, 56, who was a homeworker for Love Holidays, had been away with her partner Nick Repton as part of a three-week holiday when she collapsed and suffered a fatal heart attack while staying at The Yellow Bird Hotel.

The couple, who lived in Lymm in Cheshire, had been together for 15 years and Nick said they had planned to get married this year.

Lynn, a mum-of-one and grandmother, had worked in the travel industry for more than 15 years, having been cabin crew for Jet2, before joining lowcostholidays and then Love Holidays in 2016.

Nick described Lynn’s death as a complete shock.

He said: “She was so full of energy every day. She loved to travel and loved her job. She really was the most kind and caring person I’ve met in my life, always thinking of others. I have had 15 of the best years of my life with her.”

He added they would travel when they could, with highlights being two trips to India.

Former colleague and friend Sarah Hall, who worked with Lynn at both lowcostholidays and Love Holidays, has set up the GoFundMe page in her memory.

She said: “Lynn – or Libby as she was often known at work – was always so supportive and there for you for everything you needed. Outside of work she was adventurous and always smiling, she was just a brilliant person. I have great memories of her and she was at my wedding in Rhodes, which I will never forget.

“I set up the GoFundMe after chatting to my former colleagues at Love Holidays, who wanted to do something to help. We just want to support the family through this awful time, with the money going towards the funeral or a memorial.”

View the GoFundMe page here.

The post Fund launched in memory of agent who died suddenly on Christmas Caribbean holiday appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom