Fundraiser launched after British boy dies while on holiday in Egypt

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A five-year-old British boy has died after falling into a swimming pool while on holiday in Egypt.

Kelan Logan-Derench from Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, died on the second day of his holiday, last week.

It was his first holiday abroad.

A family friend has set up a GoFundMe appeal to help raise funds to bring Kelan home and to pay for a funeral. So far, almost £15,000 has been raised.

The GoFundMe page said: “Kelan Logan-Derench from Sutton Coldfield went on his first holiday abroad to Egypt on 24/11/2023 with his mum, elder sister and nan.

“Devastatingly only one day later Kelan had a tragic accident and fell into the swimming pool and heartbreakingly nothing could be done to save him and he sadly lost his life.”

Sutton Coldfield MP Andrew Mitchell told BirminghamLive: “I heard this awful news early today and have sent my condolences to the family at this terrible time for them. I will help in any way I can as their MP and of course as a Foreign Office minister.“

A spokesperson for the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office said: “We are supporting the family of a British child who died in Egypt.”

The post Fundraiser launched after British boy dies while on holiday in Egypt appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom