Giles Hawke ‘thrilled’ to become new Celebrity boss

• Thread starter Thread starter Harry Kemble
  • Start date Start date
Giles Hawke says he’s ‘thrilled’ to be joining Celebrity Cruises as Vice President and Managing Director for the EMEA region.

Giles will report to new President Laura Hodges Bethge and will oversee all aspects of EMEA business.

He will join in September, taking over from Jo Rzymowska, who is leaving after 18 years with the cruise line.

Giles, an industry veteran who has previously worked at Carnival UK and MSC Cruises, announced he was leaving Globus, Cosmos and Avalon Waterways on Tuesday after seven years.

“I’m thrilled to be joining Celebrity and to being part of this dynamic company,” he said. “I have watched from a distance as the company has grown its share with ground-breaking ships and strong brand identity.

“I look forward to being a part of Celebrity’s next exciting chapter under Laura Hodges Bethge’s leadership.”

Laura said: “I am excited to welcome Giles into Celebrity. His strong leadership, commercial expertise and experience in the sector is second to none and I look forward to having his insight on my leadership team to help shape and grow our market share in EMEA.”

Hawke also sits on the CLIA Executive Committee and will continue in the role after joining Celebrity.

The post Giles Hawke ‘thrilled’ to become new Celebrity boss appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom