Gossiping with… dnata Trade Partnership Manager Kayleigh-Anne ‘KEO’ Elliott

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Kayleigh-Anne Elliott started her new job as dnata Travel Group Trade Partnerships Manager for Scotland and Northern Ireland at the beginning of this month. Travel Gossip caught up with her before she hit the road to meet agents.

My nickname is Keo. It stems from my Travel2 days – my first job out of college in 2014 – when everyone had their own generic code. Mine was KEO. Everyone still calls me it, even people who never worked with me.

When I was five, we moved to Spain. My mum and dad ran a bar and restaurant in Lloret de Mar. We went out on a family holiday to the Costa Brava and they decided they quite fancied it. My brother, sister and I were thrown in at the deep end and went straight into a Spanish-speaking school. But when you’re young, you just pick up the language so easily. We were fluent in no time.

We moved back when all-inclusives became popular and started popping up everywhere. That is a struggle for a bar and restaurant abroad. We moved to Jedburgh in the Scottish Borders, and Mum and Dad have been running a bar and restaurant there for the last 20 years.

I live in Glasgow. It’s such a friendly city. People are more than happy to help you and there is always something going on.

When I go home, my dad gets me to jump in and help behind the bar. It’s the same as working in sales at dnata – just chatting to people and finding out their stories. Jedburgh is a touristy area and people come from all over.

Before I started my new job, I’d always been a Sales Consultant, first at Travel2 for six years, then Hays Tour Operating Limited [HTOL – now Vista] and then with Gold Medal. Being in travel sales meant more destinations regularly got added to my own wish list – all the trips we booked for people looked amazing.

My next trip is island hopping in the Philippines. I’m doing a 13-day tour and extending it either side. I’ve done lots of touring holidays and lots of solo trips. It’s a great way to meet people.

I never travel without an extension cable. I take one adaptor. Then you don’t have to worry about having lots of different adaptors. My best friend gave me that tip.

If I had to do karaoke, I’d sing (I’m Gonna Be) 500 Miles by the Proclaimers. With that song, everyone else joins in so I’m not singing alone.

The person I’d most like to travel with is David Attenborough. I love animals and wildlife and I could listen to him talk for hours and never get bored.

Quick questions​

• TikTok or Insta? Insta.
  • The Traitors or Love Island? I’ve never seen The Traitors, so it has to be Love Island.
  • City break or beach? Beach.
  • Dawn or dusk? Dusk.
  • Tapas or pizza? Tapas.

The post Gossiping with… dnata Trade Partnership Manager Kayleigh-Anne ‘KEO’ Elliott appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom