Hays agent sells THREE cruises within 24 hours of stepping on Virgin Voyages ship

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Hays Travel agent Aaron Petty booked three cruises, including Virgin Voyages’ Rockstar suite, within 24 hours of stepping onboard Resilient Lady.

The Personal Travel Consulant had never previously sold a single Virgin cruise, but he said he was so wowed by what he saw that it was easy to sell the experience to his customers.

Aaron was on a Virgin Voyages ‘Access Key’ sailing, which are complimentary cruises Virgin offers to agents to experience its ships. And it paid off for the cruise line.

While he was sailing around the Greek islands, Aaron made use of the excellent onboard wifi to book three of Virgin Voyages’ ex-UK 2024 sailings, which had just gone on sale.

In total, he took about £6,000 of bookings, including one for VV’s Rockstar suites, which a friend on the ship had shown him round. He said: “I called a customer who’d booked a cruise with me before and he booked on the spot when I described the suite to him.”

Aaron even took advantage of the onboard discount to book another cruise for himself!

“I had the premium wifi package, so I even took bookings while we were at sea, nowhere near port,” he said.

“I was able to tell customers how amazing the ship was, the cabin, the service, and the food, which is such a big selling point because people don’t want to be sat all the time in a buffet and on Virgin we had 20 different dining options.”

Aaron said the all-inclusive price was also a big winner. “With cruising, it’s not just what you pay to get on the ship but what you pay when you get off, but I didn’t pay anything extra on Virgin, just the drinks package, which I’d pre-booked.”

The ex-UK cruises for 2024 were another huge selling point, said Aaron. “They’re really popular now, not just with Virgin but with all cruise lines because they’re so convenient.

“Also, people like the fact Virgin is adult-only. Once the kids are grown up, couples don’t want to be on cruises with children.”

Since he got back to the UK, Aaron has begun working on Virgin Voyages quotes for several other customers, including for the Greek Island Glow cruise he did. “It was the best,” he added. “I’ve done a fair few fam trips this year but this is the first time I’ve ever done a booking while on the trip, such a quick turnaround is amazing.”

*Image shows Aaron onboard in Scarlet Night, left, and in Mykonos, right

The post Hays agent sells THREE cruises within 24 hours of stepping on Virgin Voyages ship appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom