Homeworker opens town’s first bricks-and-mortar travel agency for years

• Thread starter Thread starter Kelly Ranson
  • Start date Start date
The Welsh town of Cardigan has a high street travel agent for the first time in years after a homeworker opened her first shop.

Pelican Worldwide Travel was launched by Theresa Vobe in 2022, and on Monday she opened the doors to her store in the Pendre area of the town – and made two bookings in the first day from new customers.

Theresa, 41, who lives in Newcastle Emyln with her husband Arwyn and four-year-old daughter Grace, said she has had a great response so far – and thinks the new shop, which was previously a florist, will be a welcome addition to the town.

She said: “It’s been great to have new customers already and on the first day I had two bookings confirmed for Spain and a lot of enquiries. I think people like that personal service – it’s something they have missed. We are the only physical branch in the town and the next closest agency is around 45 minutes’ drive away, so it really will support those that don’t use the internet.

“I previously worked for The Travel House for seven years (which has since closed) but I then left the industry for a while. I really missed it so decided to return post-pandemic and start Pelican Worldwide Travel with the Holiday Franchise Company and it has been fantastic.”

Theresa has refurbished the store and has an area for tea and coffee and a corner for children to play. While she is currently a team of one, she has plans to grow.

“I always wanted a physical store and when the shop became available I just went for it. I have the space to expand and want to grow a team in the near future,” she added.

As well as working on the business, Theresa is also a cheerleading coach and books group travel for some of the cheerleading community.

The post Homeworker opens town’s first bricks-and-mortar travel agency for years appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom