Homeworker praised for arranging bucket list holiday for mum with incurable cancer

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
A mum with incurable cancer described travel agent Lisa Taylor as a ‘superstar’ after she fulfilled her dream with a 21-day bucket list trip to the US.

Lisa worked with Clair Selley at USAirtours to arrange the longed-for family holiday to Seattle, Hawaii, San Diego and San Francisco for Louise Greenback, her three kids, her husband, and her mum, who joined them for the final leg.

Together, Lisa and Clair managed to secure everything Louise had dreamed off under budget for £29,000.

Louise messaged Lisa saying she had found ‘her dream holiday’, adding that she had ‘no idea it would be this easy’.

“Thank you for being so prompt, kind, considerate,” she added.

After the trip, Louise wrote to Lisa: “My dream fulfilled. The resort in Hawaii was really something. Thank you so much again for all you did.”

Louise found Lisa from her Jrt Travel with Lisa Facebook page. She had set up her home-based agency with Travelbank last October after previously working for TUI Cardonald and Hays Travel.

Louise is suffering from a rare form of blood cancer but she is currently in remission and was able to buy medical insurance to cover her trip, said Lisa.

“She is one very strong woman, she wasn’t giving up that dream of a once in a lifetime trip,” said Lisa, who added: “This booking really touched me deeply because my mum was battling lung cancer at the time, and she’s now coming out the other side.

“I admire Louise so much, her consultant said she wouldn’t make it to Hawaii this year, or any year, but she made this happen.”

The post Homeworker praised for arranging bucket list holiday for mum with incurable cancer appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom