Independent agent launches ‘irreverent’ podcast

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel Counsellor Jo Shayler has launched her own podcast, with travellers’ top hotel gripes the topic of her first episode.

Filmed and recorded from her kitchen with the help of sound engineer husband Steve Tarrant, Jo said the podcast will discuss ‘aspects of travel which aren’t necessarily talked about’.

She said it will also help clients understand how travel agents work and ‘what we go through on a daily basis’.

“I’m not interested in your usual ‘oooh, it’s lovely here at this time of year’ type emission, and I don’t think that clients are either. They can google that stuff. I wanted something a little more irreverent, something which might divide the crowd and cause a stir! Provoke a discussion,” she said.

Jo, who has been in travel for 30 years and an independent agent since 2011, intends to publish an episode a quarter, with guest and travel companion Fay Swinton-Berry featuring in each one.

Called ‘I want you to go away’, the podcast will be available on multiple platforms including Apple, Spotify and Google, and a video of the recording will be posted on Youtube.

Episode two will drop at Christmas.

The post Independent agent launches ‘irreverent’ podcast appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom