Industry colleagues pay tribute to Denise Holmes

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel industry colleagues have been paying tribute to Qatar Airways Key Account Manager Denise Holmes, who has died.

She was well-known to the travel trade, especially in Scotland where she spent 17 years from 1985 working for Thomas Cook, most recently as a Regional Manager.

Denise also held several other roles in the travel industry, including Emirates Area Sales Manager from 2004 to 2019.

She joined Qatar Airways in June 2021, also based in Scotland.

Colleague Carly Charteris, a Key Account Manager at Discover Qatar, described Denise as ‘a wonderful human being’ and ‘a true legend of the airline industry’.

She added: “Denise was one of the first Qatar Airways account managers to visit me in Doha after I arrived in February 2023.

“In just under two years I’ve had the pleasure of working with her at conferences, co-hosting fam trips here in Doha and then attending joint meetings and a training day in her home city of Glasgow where honestly it was obvious she was an industry legend.

“She was loved by everyone and was so professional and loved a good laugh. I will never forget the kindness she showed me and the determination to support my role here. I will miss her dearly.”

Connoisseur Travel Service MD Moira Scott said it was ‘heartbreaking’ to hear Denise had passed away. “Denise was a legend in the travel industry,” she added. “A true friend and a beautiful person who helped so many of us in travel. She has gone too young and will be sorely missed.”

Other colleagues described her as ‘a lovely person’, ‘one of the best’ and ‘one of the most genuine people in travel’.

Former Thomas Cook employee, Olive McMartin, who was hired by Denise to work in its Gordon Street, Glasgow branch, told Travel Gossip she was ‘one of the best managers you could get’, while many of those posting on Facebook said she will be ‘sorely missed’.

Image is from Denise’s LinkedIn profile

The post Industry colleagues pay tribute to Denise Holmes appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom