Inghams exec revealed as contestant on new C4 extreme survival show, Alone

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Inghams and Santa’s Lapland Senior PR Executive Elise Wortley has joined the cast of Channel 4’s new reality TV show, Alone.

Billed as ‘TV’s most epic, extreme and uncompromising survival experiment’, Alone will test the endurance of competitors aged from 19 to 58 as they battle it out in the Canadian wilderness to win £100,000.

London-based Elise, aged 32, said: “The competition for me is definitely with myself, because I don’t want to be in competition with the landscape and with nature,” she said. “I want to be fully immersed in it, and I want to try and thrive and not just survive in it.

“For me, it’s all about proving to myself that I can do it. So I’m not going to worry about what anyone else is doing. I’m not even thinking about the end because in my head there is so far to go until I even get there.

“Deep down, I’d like to think that I do have what it takes to make it to the end.”

Elise has a fascination with historical female explorers that has led her to tackle expeditions that follow in their footsteps via her project, Woman with Attitude.

She added: “I’ve always wanted to be fully immersed in the wild, to become part of nature and live off the land – I can’t wait to become a completely wild woman.

“I’m also looking forward to seeing the animals as well, especially the bears. Although I’m terrified, I can’t wait to see a bear.

Episode One, screened last night on C4, saw Elise left completely alone in the wilderness of north-west Canada on the banks of the Mackenzie River with only a handful of basic tools and a camera to film her own adventure.

The challenge for each of the 11 contestants is to survive as long as possible. The last person standing wins £100k.

Alone is on C4 on Sundays at 9pm

The post Inghams exec revealed as contestant on new C4 extreme survival show, Alone appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom