Jet2 names new Non-Executive Chairman

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Jet2 has named Robin Terrell as Non-Executive Chairman, replacing Chairman Philip Meeson, who announced his decision to step down from the role earlier this summer.

The appointment of Robin, who joined the Board of Jet2 plc in April 2020 as an independent Non-Executive Director and was appointed Senior Non-Exec Director in November 2022, was ‘unanimously agreed’, Jet2 said.

Robin’s appointment is effective from today, when Philip will step down from his role as Chairman and move to the position of founder and adviser.

Robin trained as a chartered accountant and has led online and retail businesses including Amazon UK, John Lewis Direct and Tesco UK.

Philip said: I am delighted that Robin has agreed to become our Non-Executive Chairman.

“Although I am stepping back from the Board, I’m proud to remain a significant shareholder and will remain a strong supporter of the business.

“I am confident that, thanks to our outstanding team across the business, the Company will go on to enjoy even greater success in the future.”

Robin said: “Over my three years with the company, I have seen first-hand the unmatched customer focus, attention to detail and level of engagement from colleagues around the business and it has been a pleasure to be a member of the Board.

“Philip can be rightly proud of the fantastic, financially robust business he has developed with the team over the last four decades.”

The post Jet2 names new Non-Executive Chairman appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom