Jet2 takes RAF aircraftman on his first ever flight, aged 90

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Former RAF aircraftman Malcolm Shedlow flew on holiday for the first time, at the age of 90, taking a Jet2 flight from Leeds Bradford to Bergerac in France.

Malcolm, from Leeds, was supported at the airport by Jet2’s ‘customer helpers’ when he flew with his family to visit his son in Dordogne.

“I was fast tracked through the airport and treated like a celebrity,” he said.

“Jet2.com’s Red Team could have not been more helpful or friendly, and they made the whole flying experience seamless.

“Once onboard the aircraft, the cabin crew were very attentive and reassured me I was in very capable hands.”

When Malcolm’s granddaughter told cabin crew member Tina Murphy that it was his first time flying, Tina gave him one of Jet2’s First Flight Club certificates and arranged for him to visit the flight deck for a photo.

Malcolm’s daughter Claire Baskind said: “We’re so delighted that my dad had such a positive experience on his first flight in 90 years.

“It was such a joy to see the pictures and to hear how much he enjoyed his experience. Meeting the pilot and being asked to sit in the cockpit was an absolute highlight that our family will treasure forever. Thank you to the Jet2.com staff for making it so special for him.”

Despite doing clerical work for the RAF during his national service following WWII, Malcolm had never previously flown anywhere. “My work helped to keep the pilots flying, yet I never went in a plane myself, but that has all changed now thanks to Jet2,” he said.

“I really enjoyed the flight – it was an incredible experience. I look forward to flying with Jet2.comagain next year as they have whetted my appetite for flying. I certainly won’t be waiting another 90 years to take my second flight!”

The post Jet2 takes RAF aircraftman on his first ever flight, aged 90 appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom