JetBlue’s British boss quits on doctor’s advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
JetBlue Airways CEO Robin Hayes has announced he will stand down after nine years in the job.

He will be succeeded on 12 February by JetBlue President and Chief Operating Officer Joanna Geraghty.

However, Robin will continue to serve the airline as a strategic advisor over the coming months.

In a statement, Robin, aged 57, said: “It’s bittersweet to retire from this airline I love, but I will always feel a part of the JetBlue team and be rooting for its continued success.

“For nearly 35 years – both at British Airways and here at JetBlue – I’ve loved working in this industry.

“However, the extraordinary challenges and pressure of this job have taken their toll, and on the advice of my doctor and after talking to my wife, it’s time I put more focus on my health and well-being.

“I am deeply grateful for these many exciting years and I feel very lucky to have worked at an airline with a brand, culture, and team that are simply unlike any other in the world.

“It has been a privilege to lead JetBlue for the past nine years, and I am proud of all we have accomplished. “

Robin said Joanna Geraghty is ‘more than ready’ to succeed him. “She guided the operation through the most turbulent time in airline history, has overseen the development and execution of new commercial initiatives, and has tirelessly worked to make JetBlue a better place for our crewmembers and customers,” he said.

“I know the airline is well equipped to continue driving progress and I can pass the baton with confidence knowing she is the right leader at the right time for our airline,” he added.

Chair Peter Boneparth said: “On behalf of the entire Board, I want to congratulate Joanna and thank Robin for his contributions and outstanding leadership. Robin guided the airline through significant change and innovation, caring for the unique JetBlue culture while also instilling a value creation mindset across the organization and positioning us for sustainable future growth.

“We especially appreciate Robin’s willingness to continue to extend his tenure through the unprecedented challenges of the COVID crisis, and then again as we pursued our plan for the transformational Spirit acquisition.”

The post JetBlue’s British boss quits on doctor’s advice appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom