Just a Drop launches charity football tournament, find out how to take part

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Charity Just a Drop has announced a partnership with the Street Soccer Foundation to launch a travel industry-exclusive football tournament.

The Travel United Cup, which will be held on Friday 7 July, will bring together 16 teams to compete at the iconic St George’s Park in Burton on Trent, the training ground for the England national team.

Participants will get to play on the David Beckham pitch and explore the Club England Pavilion, which is usually closed to the public.

They will also be invited to take part in a ‘skills zone’ to practice their penalties and learn new tricks.

The tournament is the brainchild of Andy Mabbutt, who said: “I got involved in the Street Soccer Foundation over a year ago and it has absolutely blown me away how much of a positive game- changing impact the foundation makes upon many young people’s lives.

“To do this in partnership with another wonderful, amazing charity, Just A Drop, whom I have had the privilege and pleasure in supporting on many occasions, is a hugely rewarding combination.

“I love my football and more importantly I simply adore the travel industry and the people in it, and to bring both together to create an event that will make a difference to less fortunate young people is a no brainer and incredibly exciting.”

Just a Drop founder Fiona Jeffery said: “The travel industry has a reputation of competing to be the very best – this is a chance to compete for and take home a different accolade – an industry cup that proves once and for all which travel company is the best…at football. All whilst transforming lives both in the UK and across the world.”

To enter, companies or individuals need to put together a team of seven to players and sign up through Just a Drop’s website.

Entry is £2,000 per team, plus there are several sponsorship opportunities available from £1,000 up to £6,000 for the headline sponsor.

For any questions about registering or sponsorship, email Ruth Mileham at ruth.mileham@justadrop.org.

The post Just a Drop launches charity football tournament, find out how to take part appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom