New agency issues request to suppliers

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A new agency that has just opened up in the West Yorkshire town of Normanton is asking operators to send in promotional material that she can use in her shop window.

Owner Nicola Bedford (pictured below) opened So, Let’s Travel in the town last week after making the move from homeworking.

Nicola has been in travel for 20 years, starting in Lunn Poly’s Wakefield branch in 2003, becoming Assistant Manager at the nearby Ossett Branch, then moving to Normanton to work at Co-op Travel.

After moving to an independent agency in Wakefield, she was made redundant in 2020 and became a homeworker with Personal Holiday Advisors, part of Constant Travel, a member of the Hays Travel Independence Group.

The shop, which opened on 16 November, is the town’s only walk-in shop.

“There used to be Co-op Travel here, which is where I worked for 10 years, but that closed a few years ago. Since then, and until I opened, people would have had to travel out of town to Wakefield, Castleford or Pontefract to visit a walk-in agency,” Nicola said.

“I’m taking the next few weeks during the quiet period to get my name out there in the local town and find my feet with the shop getting prepared for peaks after Christmas.

“I’ve been speaking with a couple of other female business owners in the area and we’re going to be arranging some networking events in the New Year to support each other going forward.”

Nicola is appealing for suppliers to send marketing and promotional materials that she can use.

If you can help, email her at: nicola@personalholidayadvisors.com

The post New agency issues request to suppliers appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom