New Heathrow CEO starts work, half-term strikes called off

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
New Heathrow CEO Thomas Woldbye officially starts his job today, promising to make the airport ‘even better’.

He has taken over from John Holland-Kaye who served as Heathrow’s CEO for over nine years.

Thomas said: “As I spend my first days getting to know the colleagues and Team Heathrow partners who make it a success, I’m looking for how we can make Heathrow even better for our customers and the British economy.

“It’s humbling to have the opportunity to take on the challenge and I’m excited to get started.”

His appointment comes as baggage workers called off a 10-day strike due to start later this week, following a revised pay offer.

The Unite union confirmed 170 members employed by Vanderlande Industries, who conduct high-end maintenance and servicing of baggage carousels, will now not strike from Friday.

The workers have already taken industrial action earlier this month, from 6-9 October.

The second set of strikes, which had been scheduled to run from 5.30am on 20 October until 30 October, hitting the half-term holidays, has been called off, Unite announced on Tuesday.

The post New Heathrow CEO starts work, half-term strikes called off appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom