New Heathrow CEO vows to make it ‘even better for passengers and airlines’

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Heathrow Airport has named Thomas Woldbye, currently the boss of Copenhagen Airport, as the person to replace CEO John Holland-Kaye, who is stepping down.

Thomas has been CEO of Copenhagen Airport since 2011 and, before that, spent 27 years at Møller-Mærsk, leading the company’s global shipping and ferry divisions.

He will leave Copenhagen Airport by the end of September and will start his new job at Heathrow at the end of the year.

Heathrow Chairman Lord Paul Deighton said: “Thomas’s achievements at Copenhagen not only mirror Heathrow’s long-term strategy, but his track record in successfully running a major airport and working closely with stakeholders to secure consensus and deliver positive results stood out in the selection process.”

Thomas said: “I am naturally excited and proud, as well as humbled, to have been chosen to lead what is arguably the most famous airport in the world on its future journey.

“Heathrow is an important engine for the British economy and inextricably linked to the success of London and the wider UK.

“I look forward to being part of charting the path for this iconic company.

“My ambition will be to make the airport even better for passengers, for airlines, the community and every part of the UK.”

The post New Heathrow CEO vows to make it ‘even better for passengers and airlines’ appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom