NJT Chief Commerical Officer gets ready for knock-out performance

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Not Just Travel Chief Commercial Officer Chris Harrison is getting ready to enter the ring for a charity boxing match on 18 November.

He is raising money for breast cancer charity The Pink Ribbon Foundation, having spent a £500 Learning and Development payment from NJT on boxing lessons to improve his health and fitness.

The £500 payments were introduced in May for all NJT corporate staff to spend on their personal or professional development.

After taking up boxing lessons, Chris said he was tempted ‘in a moment of madness over a couple of glasses of wine’ to enter himself into the Ultra White Collar Boxing match in Warrington’s Halliwell Jones’ Rugby League Stadium.

“I’ve never been in a boxing match before – nor have I done anything like this,” said Chris. “The Pink Ribbon Foundation is a tremendous cause, especially as one of our franchisees was diagnosed with breast cancer this year for a third time.

“Far too many people are affected by breast cancer every year and so I’m putting on my gloves to challenge myself and do what I can to support this amazing charity. Not Just Travel kickstarted all of this with their generous support in their team and now I have a new sport in my life that I love that motivates me.”

Chris will be supported on the night at the black-tie event by the NJT team, including co-founders Steve Witt and Paul Harrison.

”I have no idea who I’ll be fighting, but 50 people have signed up, including some ex-rugby league players,” said Chris.

“People tell me I’m mad, but compared to what people with breast cancer have to go through, this boxing match is nothing – even if they have to peel me off the floor!”

NJT consultants and corporate team are also raising money for The Pink Ribbon Foundation by taking on a challenging trek across Peru in November 2024, as well as sponsoring and entering teams in the Travel Trade Crusade cross-Europe Car Rally in July 2024.

As a company, we are upping our social responsibility, but it shows that you can have fun by doing some wacky stuff with your friends and colleagues while doing good,” added Chris.

You can donate to his JustGiving page, fundraising for The Pink Ribbon Foundation here.

The post NJT Chief Commerical Officer gets ready for knock-out performance appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom