Now Lets Travel celebrates 10 years in business with plans for sixth branch

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Northeast travel agency group Now Lets Travel is to open its sixth retail branch by the end of the year.

The agency, which a member of Brilliant Travel, part of the Barrhead Travel Group, revealed the plans at a 10th anniversary celebration in Newcastle.

The Sunderland-headquartered firm was set up in September 2013 by Paul Johnstone and initially operated only on social media.

Paul opened his first store in Jesmond in 2015, then four stores opened during the pandemic as he spotted opportunities for traditional retail travel agencies in towns throughout the region.

The business now has a presence in Newcastle, Jesmond, Peterlee, Cramlington and Wallsend with a call centre and office in Sunderland.

Paul said a sixth retail location had been secured in Stockton-on-Tees and would open by the end of the year.

Recruitment will start straightaway, with plans to grow the 40-strong team to over 50 before 2024.

Paul also announced that Retail and Marketing Manager Danielle Coulter has been promoted to Retail Director, Team Leader Newcastle Gail Cooper becomes Head of Call Centre and Team Leader Cramlington Andrew Devine becomes Head of Cruise.

Paul said: “Looking back at when I started Now Lets Travel, it’s quite overwhelming to think how far I’ve come.

“From taking a leap of faith after redundancy from a retail store and setting up a business in my garage, to now confirming my sixth retail location and even thinking about a seventh.

“Our success over the last few years is down to having such a strong and dedicated team, who are bursting with ideas.

“Their passion for travel and for looking after our customers has never wavered – even during some of the toughest moments of the pandemic. I’m so proud of our NLT family and I can’t wait to see where 2024 takes us.

“A huge thank you must also go to our wonderful travel partners as well as our customers who have helped us grow by recommending our services to so many friends and family.”

Brilliant Travel Director Linda Pyle said: “I am absolutely delighted for Paul and his team; he has established a well-respected business that offers exemplary service as well as ensuring development opportunities for his people and exciting employment prospects for local communities across the north east.

“Great things lie ahead for Now Lets Travel and we look forward to supporting them as their footprint continues to grow.”

Pictured, from left, Paul Johnstone, Jet2holidays’ Vanessa Hearn , NTL Sales and Operations Director Darren Robinson, NTL Retail Director Danielle Coulter

The post Now Lets Travel celebrates 10 years in business with plans for sixth branch appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom