On the Beach boss issues last half-year results before stepping down

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
On the Beach boss Simon Cooper has reported his last half-year results before he steps down as CEO.

The company reported group revenue for the six months to 31 March 2023 increased by 38% to £73.2 million on the previous year.

It reported a pre-tax loss of £6m, a £1m improvement.

On the Beach said it believes there is currently ‘significant’ unsold capacity, but said: “We continue to see strength in late and long lead time bookings, and believe that unsold bed and seat capacity should support greater strength in bookings for peak/school summer holidays as these approach.”

Simon will be replaced by Chief Financial Officer Shaun Morton at the end of June and will then take the role of Founder Director.

Simon said: “In what will be my last half-year results as CEO before handing over the reins to Shaun on 30 June, I am pleased with the Group’s performance in the first half and I am confident that the right building blocks are in place for Shaun and the team to continue to deliver growth across the business and I remain excited about both the near term and longer term opportunities for On the Beach.”

The post On the Beach boss issues last half-year results before stepping down appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom