One Travel Club homeworker opens group’s first retail shop

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A homeworker for One Travel Club has opened the agency group’s first shop, in Kent.

Donna Hunn initially worked for InteleTravel before moving over to One Travel Club in August last year, after meeting the agency’s Business Development Manager Remi Creed at a Travel Gossip Roadshow in Maidstone.

Since then, she’s generated half a million pounds of bookings and has built up a portfolio of clients, including the Montserrat national football team, many of whom are based in the UK.

Donna said: “I’ve not looked back since I met Remi at the Travel Gossip Roadshow. Within the first weekend of joining One Travel Club, I had booked £52,000-worth of TUI packages and I knew then what I’d been missing. Since then, it’s gone from strength to strength.”

Donna’s shop, in the affluent town of Minster on Sea, on the Isle of Sheppey, is the first bricks-and-mortar business for One Travel Club, which launched in April 2023 and is part of The Travel Network Group. The nearest travel agencies are a Hays Travel and an independent, both in Sheerness.

Donna added: “I’d been looking for a shop for a while and had my eye on three locations. I drove past one day and saw one of them was up to let. Three weeks later, I’m open. It’s a small shop front on a corner.”

Remi said: “Donna joined us a year ago and has been really successful. She decided to take the business to become more client-facing as people told her they valued a one-on-one interaction. It’s a wonderful opportunity to really grow.

“She spotted an opportunity where she lives and the shop is in a great location, with good footfall in Minster town centre. Donna’s taken her business to the next level and she’s a great example of how to elevate a business – she’s certainly planted a seed with the rest of the One Travel Club homeworkers as to what is achievable. We’re all very proud of her.”

Main picture, from left: Donna Hunn and Remi Creed

The post One Travel Club homeworker opens group’s first retail shop appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom