Panache Cruises director urges suppliers to be flexible after son is barred from ship visit

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Panache Cruises Partnership Director Anna Perrott is urging travel partners to be more helpful when it comes to parents in the industry who struggle to combine family time and trade events out of normal working hours.

Anna, who is co-founder of parent support network Back in Time for Bed, recorded a video message on the group’s Facebook page to say she’d been upset that a cruise line, which calls itself ‘family friendly’, had said she couldn’t bring her son, Chester, on a weekend ship visit.

In the video, recorded at Panache’s US office in Orlando, Anna said the cruise line had invited her to bring some of her top customers on board to be ‘wined and dined’ immediately after her return from the US.

She said: “I literally land and I am supposed to be hosting some of our top customers on the ship. I said I can host it but I will have been away from my family for over week – would it be possible if I could bring my son with me? The cruise line actively promotes having children on board.”

Anna said she told the cruise line there would be someone to look after Chester while she was hosting the customers, but the cruise line said the two-and-a-half year old couldn’t board.

She added: “They have come back and said they will not allow Chester on board because it is a ship visit and they have some VIPs on board and they don’t want to be seen to be having children on board.

“I personally think that’s ludicrous. He’s travelled on more luxury ships than most people. He’s well behaved and he would be elsewhere on the ship. Our customers have actually been on holiday with Chester. We’ve hosted visits before, we’ve hosted trips. He has actually sailed with some of the customers.”

She ended the video message saying: “I don’t know whether I’m being out of order. I would be really interested to hear what your comments are.”

Members of Back in Time for Bed posted to say they supported Anna’s stance and the cruise line should let Chester on board.

Anna told Travel Gossip: “I want to raise awareness for suppliers to be more flexible when it comes to working parents and commitments – especially when it comes to working a weekend.

“Each supplier has their own policies regarding children etc on their own products, which is to be respected. However, if they support children on their products, why would business needs be so different?

“Suppliers should be flexible when it comes to working with people on promoting travel products and that includes working parents.

“Our next generation of travel industry experts could come from those whose parents work in the industry – it’s a great opportunity to nurture them.”

The post Panache Cruises director urges suppliers to be flexible after son is barred from ship visit appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom