Paul Carter to chair Safer Tourism Foundation

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A charity set up following the deaths of two children from carbon monoxide poisoning on a Thomas Cook holiday has announced its new Chair.

Paul Carter replaces outgoing Chair Ian Ailles at the foundation, which aims to save lives and reduce preventable injury and harm to UK travellers.

The Safer Tourism Foundation was established in 2016, 10 years after the deaths of Bobby and Christi Shepherd who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu in 2006.

Their mother, Sharon Wood, worked with the travel industry to create the foundation.

The charity still promotes awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, but its remit is now more wide-ranging, encompassing potential risks to personal safety including those related to transport, activities, water safety, allergic reactions, and falls.

It has just undergone a brand refresh and has also announced Safer Tourism Pledge partner badges that can be displayed by travel companies that have signed up.

They include Inghams, Explore and Santa’s Lapland parent company Hotelplan UK and Citalia parent Travelopia Tailormade.

Paul has worked in senior marketing and product roles, including Hotelplan UK CEO. He now has his own advisory practice helping organisations drive business growth, as well as running a retreat with self-catering holiday cottages in Herefordshire.

Paul said: “I’m incredibly proud to be the new Chair for the Safer Tourism Foundation. As an existing trustee, and previously CEO of a participating Pledge partner company, I’ve long been a champion of the charity’s mission.

“I’m pleased to be taking on the Chair role at a pivotal time for us as we look to include more travel operators as signatories to the Safer Tourism Pledge.”

Find out more here.

The post Paul Carter to chair Safer Tourism Foundation appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom