Second TUI director to leave as company announces ‘new operational model’

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Helen Caron is to leave TUI after 24 years with the business, which has announced plans to transform itself into a ‘global, curated leisure marketplace’.

In future, it said it will sell more dynamic packages, third-party products and single components.

It will also increase ‘personalised offers’ and grow ancillaries, it said.

To achieve its transformation, its commercial function – which includes all product and sourcing activities – and marketing will be integrated across the regions.

This will be led by new Chief Commercial Officer Stefan Baumert, with an MD for each region. Neil Swanson will be responsible for the UK & Ireland, replacing Andrew Flintham who is joining British Airways Holidays.

All changes will take effect on 1 October.

Helen, who is Director Product and Purchasing, will leave at the end of September. She has held other senior leadership across the business, and is recognised as a ‘highly effective and successful commercial operator across the entire value chain’, said TUI.

She was previously MD of TUI cruise division and she was also part of the TUI UK & Ireland board in her role as Distribution Director.

Helen will remain a Trustee of the TUI Care Foundation in an independent capacity.

She said: “I’ve been privileged to lead some amazing international teams at TUI. I am immensely proud of all that we have achieved and grateful to everyone who has supported me.

“I am also honored that Thomas Ellerbeck and the TUI Care Foundation team would like to be continue to work with them, as passionately believe in the important work they do.

“I wish my colleagues every success in the future.”

The post Second TUI director to leave as company announces ‘new operational model’ appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom