Sir Richard Branson gives MORE plane passengers free cruises

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson has surprised another plane load of passengers by handing out free Virgin Voyages cruises.

Sir Richard dressed up as a game master at the departure gate of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport giving out prizes including flights and Virgin Hotels stays to some of the 160 passengers waiting to board Delta flight 1227 to San Juan, Puerto Rico on Thursday.

Just before take-off, he hopped onboard and announced on the plane’s intercom that all Delta SkyMiles Members on the flight would get a free cruise on Virgin Voyages’ ship Resilient Lady.

The ship will homeport in San Juan this autumn after Virgin Voyages cancelled its planned second season in Australia over safety fears for the ship transiting the Red Sea region on its repositioning voyage.

It’s the second time Sir Richard has given away free cruises to plane passengers. In November, every adult passenger on a Virgin Australia flight from Melbourne to Hobart was given a ticket for Resilient Lady’s ‘MerMaiden Voyage’ out of Melbourne on 11 December 2023.

Sir Richard said: “The Caribbean has been my home for many years, and I’m very excited to welcome Resilient Lady as she sails from San Juan to visit the region’s most beautiful destinations.

“My excitement clearly couldn’t be contained, so we came up with a way to celebrate with a personal invitation and surprise for some unsuspecting guests on a Delta flight to San Juan.

“We look forward to showing everyone what it’s like to Set Sail the Virgin Way.”

The post Sir Richard Branson gives MORE plane passengers free cruises appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom