Tales from the Secret Agent: Senior citizens

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
An old boy comes into the office asking if we can arrange some parking for him at the local airport.

I tell him it’s no problem and start to take the details. He tells me he’s been trying for two days and was going around in circles online.

He leaves with a Holiday Extras voucher and a smile on his face – and I’m up £7.40.

Fast forward to this morning and he arrives back at the office with his wife and proceeds to book a £12,000 New Zealand holiday. Result!

We have quite a lot of elderly clients and I like nothing more than hearing their stories.

One of them worked in the London theatres as a dresser for many of the greats and often regales me with hilarious stories of her time there, including the time she didn’t quite fasten a dress on a famous comedy actress and it fell off as she entered stage left.

“Are you open?” shouts an old lady through our very wide open front door. “Yes,” I reply.

“Oh great, it’s just I came yesterday and you were closed,” she says. I remind her yesterday was Sunday and, as much as I love my job, I also love my free time.

“No need to be so snippy,” she tells me.

I’ve a feeling there’s a lot more ‘snippy’ about to be unleashed as she crosses the threshold…

Read more tales from the Secret Agent here.

The post Tales from the Secret Agent: Senior citizens appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom