Travel Counsellor publishes first novel, fulfilling her dream of becoming an author

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel Counsellor Nicki Harrison is releasing her debut novel on Friday, which she wrote while running her Guernsey-based business.

Inspired by her travels during her career to Canada, Mauritius and New Zealand, as well as Castle Cornet in Guernsey, The Withering is the first in Nicki’s dystopian fantasy trilogy.

It is being published by Austin Macauley, a ‘hybrid’ publishing house that asks authors to contribute to the cost of editing, printing and distributing their books, and will be available to buy at Waterstones, WHSmith & Barnes & Noble, plus Nicki’s local independent book store, Writer’s Block.

Copies can also be ordered from Amazon.

“I’m absolutely delighted to be releasing my debut novel – getting this story from the realms of my imagination and turning it into a real creation has been both an incredible experience and steep learning curve,” said Nicki.

“Creating this book only became a possibility due to the work-life balance I’ve achieved since becoming a Travel Counsellor and is another dream that I never imagined would come true alongside a happy and healthy work-life in a career I truly love.”

While writing her book, Nicki recorded her best-ever sales with Travel Counsellors, and she’s now submitted the second book in her trilogy to the publishers.

Travel Counsellors Global Sales Director Jim Eastwood said: “We couldn’t be happier to see what Nicki has achieved both as a Travel Counsellor and now as a published author and it highlights the sheer entrepreneurial spirit of our TCs that we have across our entire community.

“Also, it just goes to show that with the right support behind you when you find something that you love and are passionate about, you can truly be your best self and the possibilities are endless.”

More information about Nicki’s novel is available here.

The post Travel Counsellor publishes first novel, fulfilling her dream of becoming an author appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom