Travel Counsellors founder buys north-east travel agency

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel Counsellors founder David Speakman has bought one-shop north-east agency The Travel Bureau.

David, who launched the UK’s first ever homeworking agency in 1994, said he was still excited at the prospect of being involved in the day to day operation and strategy of running a travel business.

He added: “The owners of The Travel Bureau are long-time friends of mine, and I am delighted that this opportunity has come along for us to work together to deliver the highest standards of excellence and customer satisfaction.”

The Travel Bureau’s owners, Jeanne Lally and Anne Bromley, who bought the 62-year-old business 10 years ago, will remain joint Managing Directors.

Jeanne said: “David’s experience and dedication in creating excellence in travel is the reason we are so excited with this news.

“Both Anne and I will be staying with the business as joint Managing Directors, and our entire team will stay with us too.

“Over the coming months the business will see significant upgrades in our store and our technology, which will all lead to an even better experience for the most important people of all – our customers.”

David won two Queens Award for industry for his work with Travel Counsellors, in which he sold a majority stake to a private equity firm in 2014. He later sold his remaining shares in 2018.

The post Travel Counsellors founder buys north-east travel agency appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom