Travel Counsellors reports boom in cruise and Australia bookings as it announces record year of trading

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Travel Counsellors generated £933 million in bookings in its latest financial year, boosted by a huge increase in demand for cruises and holidays to Australia.

The sales figure, for the year ending 31 October 2023, is up 23% on 2022’s full-year figure of £758m, and a huge increase on pre-pandemic sales (FY19 – £520m).

More than a million customers were served over 300,000 bookings for the first time.

The top three leisure destinations for UK customers were the US (up 8.8% year-on-year) Spain (up 10.2%), and Greece (up 3.8%).

Cruise bookings were up 66% and trips to Australia were up 167%.

CEO Steve Byrne said:“I am incredibly proud of what we achieved during FY23 and would like to thank everyone associated with our business for their outstanding levels of commitment and care.

“We now work with a growing community of over 2,000 of the market’s most talented independent travel franchisees and I am delighted to say that the average sales growth by established travel counsellors increased by more than (20%) year on year.

“This reflects the power of our technology platform, combined with our supportive community, which helps ambitious travel entrepreneurs to truly fulfil their potential.

“Looking forward, I am extremely confident that we are exceptionally well placed to achieve further significant growth over the coming years. Our current trading remains very strong, and we already have more than £350m of departures booked for FY24, which is up 30% on where we were at the comparable time in FY23.”

The post Travel Counsellors reports boom in cruise and Australia bookings as it announces record year of trading appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom