Travel industry personalities take on 10k challenge to raise £3,500 for ABTA Lifeline

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Eight well-known faces from the travel industry have signed up for the Vitality London 10,000 to raise funds for ABTA Lifeline.

For several of those who’ll be taking part in the event on 22 September, it will be their first long-distance run.

TTC Tour Brands Director of Sales for the UK, Ireland and Europe Kelly Walker said she’d wanted to do something for charity for some time, so she signed up after seeing Travel Gossip MD Bruce Martin’s name on the list, not realising he was an experienced runner!

“I join a local jogging group each Monday, we do a combination of walking and running, around 2k is our biggest achievement so this is going to be a huge challenge,” she added.

Iberostar Business Development Director Aishling McLoughlin said: “I’m really proud to be part of this event. It won’t be easy, put it this way, I’m no Mo Farah, but I know my lovely fellow travel buddies also taking part will keep me going, and I am determined to give it my all to support such a great charity!”

Kelly’s TTC colleague Polly Poulton said: “I’m thrilled to be taking part in this year’s Vitality 10,000 charity run, raising money for ABTA Lifeline. Less than 6 weeks to go so I think I need to up my training, but with the support and backing from lots of colleagues in the industry and at TTC Tour Brands, I sure that we will smash it!

“It’s going to be an amazing day, supporting a fantastic charity. I know ABTA Lifeline has supported so many people in the industry and you never know when you might need their help, so I am proud to be running for such a great cause.”

Others taking part in the event, include Kelly and Polly’s TTC colleagues Donna Nelson, easyJet holidays Head of Distribution Natasha Marson, Trudie Clements of ABTA Lifeline and Samantha Day of Finn Partners.

Each one is aiming to raise £500, bringing in a total of £3,500. Here are the links to their fundraising pages:

Kelly, Polly and Donna

Aishling McLouglin

Trudie Clements

Natasha Marson

Samantha Day

Bruce Martin

The post Travel industry personalities take on 10k challenge to raise £3,500 for ABTA Lifeline appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom