Travel to the Asia Pacific rockets from Heathrow

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel to Asia and the Pacific from Heathrow was up more than 50% last month compared to October 2022, with 851,000 passengers flying to the region from London’s busiest airport.

Travel on domestic routes was up 21%, to the EU it rose almost 15% and it was up 13% to the rest of Europe, it was 20% higher to Africa, 17% to North America and 10% to Latin America.

In total, nearly seven million passengers flew from Heathrow last month, making it the world’s fourth largest hub.

During October half-term, 2.2m travelled through the airport, with Dubai, New York and Los Angeles among the most popular routes.

Heathrow said it had provided ‘great service, keeping the airport moving, despite weeks of heavy rain and two named storms’.

After it reopened its border, Hong Kong became Heathrow’s 12th route attracting more than a million passengers in a year. Others include New York’s JFK, Delhi, Doha and others.

This winter, Heathrow has 11 new routes, including the UK’s only direct flights to Peru, giving passengers a choice of 239 destinations in 89 countries.

New CEO Thomas Woldbye said: “I’ve learned a lot about Heathrow in my first few weeks, but one thing that really stands out to me is the passion and drive of colleagues to get people away smoothly on their journeys.

“We look forward to welcoming passengers from across the world over the upcoming festive season with a friendly face to lend a helping hand.”

The post Travel to the Asia Pacific rockets from Heathrow appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom