Travel Village boss posts moving tribute as company celebrates 65th anniversary

• Thread starter Thread starter Linsey McNeill
  • Start date Start date
Travel Village Group CEO Phil Nuttall has posted a moving tribute to his wife Paula and their staff, customers and trade partners as the family business celebrates its 65th anniversary.

In a video, Phil said ‘a heartfelt thank you’ to those who ‘have been with us every step of the way’.

He described how the Blackpool-based company was started by his ‘nana and grandad’, when they started selling coach trips to the town’s landladies from their post office on Highfield Road. “They paid in cash, it was always cash, and I can tell you where it came from and where it was hidden, under their mattresses,” joked Phil in the video.

Bourne Travel, as it was then, was later taken over by Phil’s parents and he was paid 10p to stamp brochures in the school holidays before joining the business at the age of 16.

He and Paula met while she was working at Thomson, and Phil described her joining Travel Village as ‘a turning point for the business’. “It moved forward considerably,” he said.

In his Linkedin post, Phil added: “I want to thank Paula my wife, my business partner and the person who has kept me grounded in an industry that is filled with opportunities and talented entrepreneurs.

“Paula Nuttall is one of the most astute business women in travel and I want to thank you for helping me develop and inspire our incredible team of people, business owners and family.”

In May 2018, Paula set up The Holiday Village, a homeworking group which now has 85 agents across the UK, as well as in Spain and Turkey.

The company also employs many other family members, including a cousin who worked with Phil’s grandad, and in 2014, daughter Jess joined after doing a stint work experience at P&O Cruises. She now heads up marketing.

“We are very lucky to have a business with good family members and people we call family in the business,” said Phil, adding: “We are both really proud of it.”The company will celebrate its anniversary with a party at The Blackpool Tower Ballroom in December. Phil added in his post: “From humble beginnings to industry leaders, our story is a testament to resilience, innovation, and dedication.

“A heartfelt thank you to our incredible team, loyal customers & supportive trade partners who have been with us every step of the way. Your trust and collaboration have been key to our sustained success.”

The post Travel Village boss posts moving tribute as company celebrates 65th anniversary appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom