Travelosophers homeworker opens group’s first high street shop

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Homeworking group Travelosophers is celebrating the opening of its first shop today, in North Wales.

The shop is in Abergele, a seaside town between Colwyn Bay and Rhyl, and has been set up by Donna Grasby. Travelosophers by Donna Grasby will be the only agency in Abergele and Donna’s plan is to run it with her daughter Grace.

Donna joined Travelosophers in September 2023 after four years as a Hays Personal Travel Consultant. Before that she worked in travel call centres and as an overseas holiday rep.

Donna said: “I’d been thinking about opening a shop for while, as many of my clients prefer to meet up in person, and we often meet for a coffee. Now they can come into the agency.

“Shops here don’t come up often, so as soon as I saw this one, I jumped at it. It’s a small shop on the high street and, unusually for the town, there is parking directly outside, so it is perfect.

“My daughter, Grace, is 16 and is spending the whole of the summer in the shop with me to get trained up and meet suppliers. Then the plan is that she will join me in 2026 after she has done her A-levels.”

The nearest agency is in Llandudno, about half an hour’s drive away, and Donna said the reception she has had from the local community has been ‘amazing’.

“I’ve put the word out on all the local Facebook groups and in the local area and people are really excited. There hasn’t been a travel agency here for several years, way before COVID. People are saying it’s great news.”

Travelosophers Sales Director Stephanie Robins said: “I am over the moon that one of our wonderful Travelosophers has taken the step in opening their very own retail store. The location of the store is perfect, with no other travel agents in the town.

“We are super excited at head office to guide and support Donna on her new retail journey.”

The shop has its official opening this afternoon and will be open for business from 9am on Saturday.

Pictured, from left: Grace and Donna

The post Travelosophers homeworker opens group’s first high street shop appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom