Tributes paid to ‘fun, generous and kind’ Marcia Headley

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Colleagues and industry friends have been remembering former Sublime Travel Senior Consultant Marcia Headley, who has died after a short illness.

Marcia, 62, was well-known in the travel industry. She worked at Sublime Travel for nearly six years and left in December 2022, weeks before the luxury operator ceased trading in January 2023.

Darren Morris-Spruce, who worked with her at Sublime Travel, said: “Marcia was fun, generous, kind and always on hand to help in work, and with your personal life.”

He told Travel Gossip: “I met Marcia via Zoom in April 2021, when I started working for Sublime Travel part-time whilst my own agency [D & G Travel Centre of Henley] was closed during COVID.

“Marcia was a fount of knowledge, having been in the travel industry for several decades. Her passion was Canada, she loved it, and knew almost everything you could want to know about the destination.

“Marcia knew a lot of agents – lots of agents would call and only speak to her.

“Marcia was direct, smart, had a great dry sense of humour, and always on hand to help you.”

Darren went back to his own agency a year ago. Then, when Marcia left Sublime, she started working as a homeworker under D & G Travel. Shortly after, she was diagnosed with cancer.

“In early 2023 she gave us the news she wasn’t well. This was about a week or so, after her first grandchild was born,” he said.

“We were all very shocked. She had treatment, which sadly wasn’t successful.

“I went to visit her at the end of May at the hospice she was staying in, and she was on good form.

“We chatted at length about her faith, which was very important to her, and her family, and the future for them, she was at peace with herself.

“Marcia was a good friend, a professional to the last, and she will be sadly missed by many people.”

Marcia and her husband had moved from High Wycombe to Banbury in Oxfordshire last year to be near their daughters, Darren said.

“She did at least have time with her first grandchild. She stopped working after February, although Marcia would email me and text me enquiries she was working on right up until the beginning of June,” he added.

Other industry colleagues posted on Travel Gossip to say they remembered her sense of humour and knowledge, with one saying she was ‘one of the kindest ladies I knew’.

TUI travel agent Gemma Vincent, from Great Yarmouth, said: “I was with her on Tourism Australia Corroboree in 2007.

“We stayed FB friends ever since. This is so sad to hear. She was such a lovely lady and so fun to be with on that trip. She will be missed.”

The post Tributes paid to ‘fun, generous and kind’ Marcia Headley appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom