Twitter amused as Gary Neville discovers a brilliant new concept… the holiday

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
Twitter users have reacted with amusement over a clip of ex-footballer Gary Neville ‘discovering’ the concept of a holiday.

In the clip (below), Gary explains to Dragons’ Den star Steven Bartlett how, every few weeks, he takes a ‘mini-retirement’ to get away from it all.

Talking on Steven’s Diary Of A CEO podcast, the TV pundit said he ‘tries to have mini-retirements throughout the year’.

“For instance, this weekend, I’m going to Spain – Friday till Monday morning,” he said. “That’s a mini-retirement.

“It’s where I basically can say: ‘For three days I’m there’ and… I don’t think about work.

“Sometimes my best ideas come when I’m on these type of trips.

“But then in six weeks I’ll have another mini-retirement for five days or four days.”

The podcast came out at the end of last year but a short section was shared this week on Twitter by user Ben Kelly, who said he was ‘absolutely dying at this clip of Gary Neville seeming to discover what a holiday is’.

The clip has since gone viral.

Another Twitter user joked Gary was an ‘amazing visionary’, and another said: “I’m going on a mini retirement to Butlins in a couple of weeks.”

Another commented: “There’s definitely a better word out there.”

And holiday provider On The Beach tweeted: “Someone tell Gary we’ve got a whole business selling mini-retirements.”

Picture credit: Diary Of A CEO

Original tweet by Ben Kelly

The post Twitter amused as Gary Neville discovers a brilliant new concept… the holiday appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom