Two arrested after car crashes through agency window

• Thread starter Thread starter Lisa James
  • Start date Start date
A West Midlands travel agency has had to temporarily close to walk-in customers after a car crashed into it over the weekend.

Two people have been arrested after a two-vehicle crash, which led to one car ploughing through the window of Your Co-Op Travel, Dudley Street, Sedgley, at around 6am on Saturday.

Staff say that, had the shop been open when the crash happened, someone could have been killed.

Senior Travel Advisor Nikki Corns said: “It was a real mess. I got called out at 6am as I live the closest, so I am first on the call list. I thought it was a false alarm.

“I couldn’t get to the shop at first, because the road was blocked with fire engines and police cars. Then I walked round and the car was in the shop window. I couldn’t believe it.

“The damage was a lot worse inside. The front desk had been shunted back towards the middle of the shop. If we’d been open and had customers in the shop, it would have been fatal.

“Thank goodness we were closed and we have metal shutters.”

Staff had to work from a nearby branch on Saturday and are now back in the Dudley Street shop and are able to take phone calls. However, it’s unlikely they will be able to open to the public until later this week.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Police said: “Two cars crashed into each other with one subsequently hitting the front of a building.

“Officers attended and supported fire and ambulance staff making the scene safe.

“A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis.

“A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of driving while over the limit for alcohol.

“Both remain in custody while our enquiries continue.”

The post Two arrested after car crashes through agency window appeared first on Travel Gossip.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom